Monday, March 21, 2011

Psalm 72:8 Local Effort Global Reach

Psalm 72:8 “May he also rule from sea to sea And from the River to the ends of the earth”. (NASB)

Matthew records in his gospel the commission of Christ to His Church, “Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations(Matthew 28:19 NASB).  This is often referred to as “The Great Commission”.  As I shared with you early on in my blogging career it was a sermon that in whole or in part touched on the Great Commission followed by a Bible study that led me to begin my writing.  At that time it was and continues to be my way of sharing what I’ve come to understand concerning Scripture and its application to life.  In particular I thought it was a way to share with some of my friends on Face Book about my personal faith in Christ.

Well the BLOG keeps track for you what has been happening with regard to readership.  It keeps track of how many people read each entry so you know which ones were read most often.  You know which day how many people read the BLOG and you can even tell where people were when they read.  No, not what address or which room of your house – that would be scary.  It does report though what country the reader logged in from. 

I started the BLOG around Thanksgiving and here are the amazing results.  As of this writing 1042 times the BLOG has been accessed.  While the majority of those “Hits” have come from the US the access has, much to my surprise, been global.  Here are the countries from which the BLOG has been viewed: This week, the US, Malaysia, Canada and Singapore.  This month add, India, Russia, Denmark, China, Taiwan, United Kingdom.  All time, add Croatia, Iran, Mexico and Thailand.

I can say clearly that I have honestly prepared the BLOG sometimes when I didn’t feel like it and sometimes I just didn’t do it.  I thank those that have encouraged me and I will continue to study and share in submission to the Holy Spirit.  Please take a minute with me and be amazed; look what has happened when God’s word has gone out.  “So will My word be which goes forth from My mouth; It will not return to Me empty, Without accomplishing what I desire, And without succeeding in the matter for which I sent it”. (Isa 55:11NASB)

I want to encourage each of you to find your way to contribute toward the fulfillment of "The Great Commission".  I'm not likely to travel across an ocean and go live in a hut somewhere because I simply can't sleep without my C-Pap, I have sleep apnea.  That could be a limiting factor.  But I can BLOG.  And apparently people all over the world have computers and some are finding what I've written and they're reading.  I've found a way to be a part and you can too.  What you may think is a local effort as I did could very well have global implications for Christ.

I pray those of you who read where ever you may be are fed and are blessed by God’s Word.  Our God is an awesome God!  AMEN!

No comments:

Post a Comment